Sunny Shifts His Brain: Teaching Children How to Use Their Brain to Change Their Behavior
- Entertaining lessons for young people
- Simple-to-use techniques for regulating behavior
- Children learn how to use their brain to change behavior
- Suitable for ages 4-8
By Julie Mendenhall, MA
This book can be used as a guided tool to be read with children. It provides an entertaining, endearing lesson for young people about their brain and how they can better use ti to make good decisions.
First, Sunny teaches the importance of our brain and how it works. Then, Sunny teaches two very simple-to-use techniques that children can use to help them better self-regulate their behavior.
1. Check: Learn when I need to change my behavior.
2. Crisscross and shift: Learn how to cross arms/legs and shift to clearer thinking.
24 pages, 8.5 x 11 x .2, color illustrations, paperback.
About the Author:
Julie Mendenhall, M.A. is a children's author, musician and educator. She has 38 plus years of experience in special education/elementary education. Julie is currently an elementary school counselor and lives with her family in Grand Junction, CO.