Portable Child & Play Therapy Games Set
- Five time honored intervention tools
- Covers wide variety of topics and needs
- Portable, play anywhere
- Suitable for ages 5 - 12 years of age
Ages 5-12. Help kids build the skills that will make a difference in their lives with this Take Along Games Set. It is perfect for the counselor or educator who is on the go, may have limited space, or a limited budget. Each of these colorful and engagingly designed portable collections features six to ten games with all the game pieces you need for play, in a convenient attached envelope. Youngsters will love the variety of games and the broad range of topics they cover. For 2-4 players.
Set of Take Along Games includes 1 each of the following titles:
- Changing Family Games - This engaging board game gives therapists a convenient and very focused way to address the needs of children affected by divorce. Using principles of cognitive restructuring and behavioral rehearsal, it helps children develop more realistic and adaptive attitudes about their parents' divorce. Specifically, it addresses the following non-adaptive attitudes: Peer Ridicule and Avoidance, Paternal Blame, Maternal Blame, Fear of Abandonment, and Hope of Reconciliation. And it introduces children to new behavioral options that can help them adjust to the single parent family and visitation. Two brief inventories (included) help you determine what kind of problems the child or family is experiencing. You can then select game cards that address these problems. Another fine game from Berthold Berg, Ph.D.
- Talking Tools Game Book - Talking Tools includes eight discussion-oriented games covering the topics of frustration management, expression of feelings, friendship, safety, cooperation, divorce, bereavement, and self-concept. Two additional games are intended to help children understand the ""cause and effect"" of their behaviors and to help them cope with a hospital stay. Designed by a school psychologist, each game takes only 30 minutes to play.
- Healing Games Game Book - Healing Games is a collection of six board games designed to help children who have experienced serious life events that have left them feeling sad, angry, helpless, and even depressed. These experiences include: death of a loved one, traumatic events, and surviving a natural disaster.
- In Control: A Book of Games to Teach Self-Control Skills - By Lawrence E. Shapiro, Ph.D. This book of six games helps children keep cool under any circumstances. The colorful game board is bound into the middle of the spiral-bound book, ready to be used for play. Teaches children such skills as listening to others, following rules, and cooperating. The six games in this book take a multi-modal approach to teaching self-control skills. Each game concentrates on a specific skill, including: - Controlling Emotions - Controlling Impulsivity - Using Positive "Self-talk" - Organizing and Planning - Concern for Others - Social Entry Contents: Game board book, 1 6-sided die, 1 30-sided die, 50 chips, 6 pawns, 1 minute sand timer, Feelings Faces cards, In Control cards, I.O.U. cards, and Instructions
- Dr. Playwell's Anger Control Games - Here are six colorful games for the price of one, all in a convenient and portable package. The games teach children such skills as recognizing what triggers their anger, self-control, self-calming, and much more. The program comes complete with cards and markers for each game. Dr. Playwell's Anger Control Game Book includes: Game board book, Instruction manual, Cards, Pawns, Die, and 100 chips.