Introductory Play Therapy Package
Product Number : 965372800
- Some of our best sellers, bundled into a great starter set
- Includes Feelings Playing Cards, Thoughts and Feelings: Sentence Completion Card Game, The Social and Emotional Competence Game, Mini Feelings Poster, a small checkers game, and a drawing pad and marker set
- An excellent value
The Getting Started Package would cost over 100 dollars if all items were purchased separately. It includes:
- Feelings Playing Cards - Play your favorite card games and become familiar with 30 different feelings. Deck includes directions for Go Feelings (Go Fish), Frustrated (Old Maid), Concentration, Bingo Feeling-O, Crazy 8s, Snap, Beggar My Neighbor, Twenty-One, Slapjack, and Rummy.
Blurt It Out! The "Say What You Think" Sentence Completion Card Game - Children will find this game to be a fun and pleasurable way to learn about themselves, as they learn how to express themselves. This engaging game allows therapists and counselors to assess psychological processes quickly and effectively in a playful and non-threatening way, while helping the child to increase self-awareness and self-understanding. Together, game participants will find new ways to solve problems, identify their emotions, and communicate effectively.
- The Social and Emotional Competence Game - Children who are able to initiate and maintain relationships, cooperate with others, empathize, and communicate effectively are often happy children and therefore caregivers instinctively focus on teaching social and emotional skills to them. In the past two decades there has been increased focus on directly teaching and reinforcing social and emotional competence. The Social and Emotional Competence Game was designed to give counselors and teachers another tool to teach social and emotional skills. Social and emotional competence refers to the capacity to recognize and manage emotions, solve problems effectively, and establish and maintain relationships with others. It is these skills that serve to protect our children from a host of difficulties including behavior problems, increased emotional distress, academic failure, delinquency, and substance abuse. The Social and Emotional Competence Game is a fun way to teach empathy, communication skills, self-awareness, social awareness, relationship skills, self-management, and responsible decision-making. The Social and Emotional Competence Game is easily integrated into existing programs. It can also be used in individual and small group therapy.
- Mini Feelings Poster - 8.5 x 11 inch laminated mini poster.
Checkers - A popular game, used in child and play therapy for decades.
Drawing Pad and set of Markers
NOTE: Occasionally we make substitutions. They will be of equal or greater value.